These days, Cannabidiol, or CBD, is creating a buzz everywhere you can find it, including oils, tinctures, gummies, capsules, etc. Recently, it has become a miracle in the skin or beauty industry. Do you have any idea what is precisely this cannabis compound doing? What are its benefits on the skin?
Those who have taken a deep dive into CBD skin care have been pleasantly surprised. After reading this article, you can decide for yourself whether CBD skin care products are beneficial for you or not.
What can CBD do for your skin?
According to Danielle Frey, a licensed esthetician, “The most common skin problems are skin aging and the issues like acne and hyperpigmentation.
- Radical damage to the epidermis of the skin
- Inflammation caused by the endocannabinoid system for irregular function
She added that endocannabinoid is a system that can balance many of the skin’s functions, such as oil production, melanocyte production, and many more. So expert advice to go with CBD skin care products.
She added CBD had been proven to be an incredibly effective ingredient for skin care because it’s packed with powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
But there is no definitive proof yet; CBD is still being researched and the researched is at an early stage. But many expert says that CBD skin care products is best for many problem. Here’s how CBD’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory affect all parts of the body:
- Regulates oil production in the skin: A major contributing factor to acne is the overproduction of sebum. A 2014 study found that CBD has an anti-inflammatory effect on sebocytes, which inhibit sebum production in the skin.
- Reduce and prevent the inflammation. CBD is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which is why this product is so helpful in reducing swelling, pain, and redness.
- Hydrates your dry skin: In 2009, Research showed that CBD products are also highly effective for dry skin. It can dehydrate skin ideally.
- Calm Rosacea: CBD can reduce inflammation and help calm rosacea flare-ups.
- Free the skin from Radical Damage: CBD can prevent weakening skin by neutralizing free radical damage.
- Prevent the Eczema or other skin disease: CBD has properties by which it can combat eczema and its irritation and inflammation. Additionally, the products made with CBD can improve the different skin conditions including psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Decrease Hormonal imbalance: some researchers claim that CBD is an adaptogen; it can decrease the effects of hormones and other compounds, usually released into our body during stress and tension.
How to use CBD for skin care
CBD skin care products are designed specifically for application to the skin. Since not everyone’s skin type is the same, these are formulated to suit almost all skin types, but the application depends on the specific product. CBD is used in all skincare products, such as serums, sprays, cleansers, masks, or moisturizers. You can use these products in your regular skin care routine. There are no reports of any side effects from CBD. But follow the instructions on the label during use as advised by the experts, and you should be all set.